BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Retreat, 23 Hamilton Terrace, Lamlash, Isle of Arran
Please read all clauses. These terms and conditions shall be deemed to be an undertaking and acknowledgement by you that you accept on behalf of yourself and your party all the terms and conditions set out herein. Please note the contract between you and the owner is made under schedule 4 section 8 of the housing ( Scotland ) act 1988 and gives you the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. Once a property is booked, the contract is between you and the owner and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
1) Either a deposit or the full rent is required at the time of booking - if you book online the calendar will temporarily reserve your booking it will automatically become available for rental if payment is not received within 1 week. If you book 4 weeks or less before the start of you holiday, the full rent is due.
2) All payments for your holiday must be paid no less than 4 weeks before the start of you holiday.
3) The deposit is none refundable unless we can re-let the property.
4) All cheques to be made payable to A. Waite.
5) You can phone to make a payment by card 01900 826611/825627
1) If you need to cancel your holiday you should inform us immediately in writing and we will try to re-let the property. If we succeed in re-letting, all monies will be returned less £25 to cover administration costs.
2) If you cancel your holiday within 4 weeks of the commencement of your holiday, and, unless the cottage is re-let, you will be liable for the full cost of the holiday.
3) To safe guard against cancellation charges and other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance.
Availability and Occupancy
1) Availability. The property will be available from 2-00pm on the day of arrival until 10-00am on the date of departure unless otherwise agreed.
2) The owner reserves the right to refuse entry or terminate the hire to any persons who, in the owners opinion, is not suitable to take charge. Rent will not be refunded and in such cases all liability of the owners will cease.
Occupying the property.
3) Under no circumstances may the number of people occupying the property exceed four unless with prior consent of the owners.
4) The property must be used solely for holiday purposes and you must not sub-let the property or any part of the same, or any equipment from the property.
5) You must keep the property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition. You will be liable to the owners for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the property and/or it be by deliberate or negligent acts or omissions by you or any person in your party ( fair wear and tear accepted ).
Smoking and Pets.
1) No smoking or pets are allowed in the cottage.
1) Every effort is made to ensure that you have a lovely holiday. However if you have any problem or complaints please telephone the owners on 01900 826611/825627 as soon as possible to enable us to rectify the matter. An emergency number for a plumber is displayed in the cottage.
1) All correspondence to C Waite, Lakeland Gates, Low Road, Brigham, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0XH.
SCOTTISH LAW APPLIES TO ALL CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS ARISING OUT OF THESE BOOKING CONDITIONS.